Types of information collected and held
“Personal information” about you is information or an opinion about you or which is reasonably identifiable as you, whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not the information is recorded in a material form.
The types of personal information that we collect, process and/or store includes:
User account information: Users that choose to register for any free or paid services or products on jetsplayjets.com, will have to provide, at a minimum, a valid email address and name. We may also choose to collect and hold additional personal information (that you have provided) including:
- Your business name;
- Your job title;
- Your website address, telephone number, fax number and/or Skype details;
- Your social media contact details;
- Your demographic information such as location, postcode, gender or age profile, preferences and interests; and
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
The user can also choose to provide a display name and/or add a profile picture that will be used to represent them in conversations.
Transaction information: Customers that choose to purchase a paid version of the Services provide jetsplayjets.com (and our payment processors) with billing details such as credit card information, billing email, banking information, location at the time of transaction and/or a billing address. When you make a purchase or subscription on jetsplayjets.com, a partner website (either Stripe or PayPal) securely collects and stores your credit card information.
Usage information: When you as a user interact with jetsplayjets.com, our products or our services, we collect metadata to provide additional context about the way the website, product and/or service is being used. The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. The source of the usage data is our server software and our analytics tracking system.
Product Analytics data. jetsplayjets.com logs clicks when you as a user interact with our websites or apps or when you visit a page.
Technical log data. Like most digital services, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our website, products or services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited within the website, browser type and settings, the date and time the website, products or services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
Device information. jetsplayjets.com may collect information about devices used to access the website, products and/or Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information depends on the type of device used and its settings.
Location information. We receive information from you and other third-parties that helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use a business address submitted by your employer, or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate location. haccpmentor.com may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
Product & Marketing communication: We may process information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email newsletters. You can opt in to emails such as digests, newsletters, and activity notifications through our activity specific sign-up forms.
Service and transactional notifications: Sometimes we’ll send you emails about your account, service changes or new policies. You can’t opt out of this type of “service or transactional” emails (unless you delete your account).
Correspondence information: We may process information that you choose to share with us if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with jetsplayjets.com.
How we collect, process and store personal information
Jetsplayjets.com collects your personal information that you voluntarily and knowingly provide when:
- You complete your client details when purchasing a product;
- You submit your details to us via our website at the URL www.jetsplayjets.com
- You contact jetsplayjets.com or Rock Platform Studios in order to make an enquiry about jetsplayjets.com or our services; or
- You register to use or receive information about our services at www.jetsplayjets.com.
We may also collect some of your personal information from third parties, such as social media platforms.
Jetsplayjets.com holds your personal information in electronic files. Jetsplayjets.com takes reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information is kept secure in accordance with reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures.
However, for personal information collected online or stored in electronic databases, you acknowledge that no security system is impenetrable and that the security of those databases can never be guaranteed. Jetsplayjets.com also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk.
Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information and we ensure that there are various security protections in place. Protections include SSL website certificates, regular back-ups, threat detection and blocking, proactive security maintenance and routine website patching and updates.
Purpose for which we collect, store, use and disclose your personal information
The lawful basis for processing your personal information is for legitimate interests.
Jetsplayjets.com will use or disclose your personal information only for the purpose (the “primary purpose”) for which you provide it to us, which may include:
- To provide you with any services or goods that you may request;
- To perform the contract, we entered into with you, at your request;
- To respond to any query or complaint that you may make;
- For internal administration and quality control purposes;
- To improve our products and services;
- For the periodic sending of promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting; and
- To contact you from time to time for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information that you knowingly and willingly provide to customize the website according to your interests.
- Hosting/infrastructure/storage providers
- Payment processors
- Analysis tools providers
- Customer Support tools providers
- Marketing and email providers
- Internal communication tools providers
We may also use or disclose your personal information if required or authorized by law or a court/tribunal order.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website (Except for www.rockplatformstudios.com). Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Retaining and deleting personal data
Personal data or information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
We will retain your personal data as follows:
- Transaction information will be retained for a minimum period of 7 years following date of the transaction, and for a maximum period of 10 years following the date of the transaction.
In some cases, it is not possible for us to specify in advance the periods for which your personal data will be retained. In such cases, we will determine the period of retention based on the following criteria:
- Account information will be retained until you decide to delete your account.
- Information about you used for Product & Marketing communication will be retained as long as you have given us consent to use this information or until you choose to unsubscribe.
- The period of retention of usage information will be determined based on the need for historical data to determine statistical validity and relevance for product decisions and technical monitoring.
Regardless of the provisions above, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
1. If you have a jetsplayjets.com account, you can access, modify or export your personal information, or delete your account. If you delete your account, your information and content will be unrecoverable after that time.
2. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at our contact email found here. You can also choose to “unsubscribe” by clicking the link in any of our direct email marketing offers.
Access to, correction and deletion of Personal Information
Jetsplayjets.com will take reasonable steps to ensure any personal information we collect is up-to-date, complete and accurate. We will also take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information that we use or disclose is up-to-date, complete, accurate and relevant.
You may request access to your personal information that we hold, and you may seek the correction of such information by contacting our Privacy Officer by mail at: PO Box 5025, KAHIBAH NSW 2290, AUSTRALIA or via email here.
If you wish to receive your personal information via post, a small fee will be payable. We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
As an individual you are granted rights according to the applicable data protection laws in your country of origin. These may include:
- The right to access to your personal data
- The right to rectification of your personal data
- The right to object to and restriction of our processing of your personal data
- The also right to be forgotten; erasure of your data.
- The right to data portability.
If you have provided your consent to your processing of personal data, you may also withdraw your consent at any time. The rights are not absolute, and you (if you are located within the EU), may read more about your rights in the EU general data protection regulation Chapter III, or at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens_en
Complaints about a privacy breach
To exercise your rights or if you otherwise have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, we encourage you to contact us.
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles, you may direct your complaint to our Privacy Officer via email as set out above. Our Privacy Officer will review your complaint and liaise with you directly to resolve your complaint.
[Policy last updated 18 June 2018]